Monday, June 10, 2013

Maternity Monday

Once again I didn't get it together to photograph any of my outfits this week, Ryan was gone a bunch and I haven't really figured out a good set up for self portraits. I promise I did get dressed in something other than frumpy house clothes on several occasions this week. I had some time this weekend and decided to tackle my huge pile of repairs, alterations, and unfinished sewing projects. After repairing several things I have been promising Ryan for months that I would fix, I finished a skirt I started months ago and altered a tank top I got while pregnant with Caleb.

I was excited to find this stretchy lace at the fabric store many many months ago because it a allowed me to make a stretchy, comfortable maternity skirt that was not just plain ole jersey knit (ask my sisters how much I hate jersey maternity clothes).


This tank top I got at the tail end of my pregnancy with Caleb, when it was hot and I was huge. Its an XL Banana Republic I picked up in desperation at Goodwill. Needless to say, it had armholes that would have fit the Hulk. I previously always wore a cardigan to cover the Hulk holes, but decided that I didn't want to do that anymore. I took in the armpits and sides and added a little gather at the top of the tummy to help accommodate the growing belly. I should have taken a before and after picture of me wearing it, but please refer to the excuse mentioned above.

 
I hope every one's week is off to a good start!


2 comments:

  1. I love maternity Monday! My mom is giving me one of her sewing machines so I can't wait to make some baby clothes.

    ReplyDelete