Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A Bit O' Brag and a Party

Ryan was officially hooded with a Master's in Business Administration last Friday. What does that mean? Basically he has a lot of useless knowledge about marketing and human behavior, and can put together huge power point presentations in inhumanly fast amounts of time. It also means he has a fancy schmancy degree to hang on the wall we have specially designated for such things (haha! I wonder where my degree is these days...).

No, but for realsies I am really proud of him. He graduated with honors as a member of Beta Gamma Sigma (some fancy special MBA club thingy), and then, much to his surprise, was presented with an award for achieving the highest academic honors in his class and for superior leadership and character. Meaning he beat out a bunch of single guys and gals who were full time MBA students, while he was going to law school part time, working part time, helping watch Caleb while I work almost full time, and watching insane amounts of Mad Men on Netflix. Pretty impressive, and yep that guy is mine.



But enough of that, though seeing as my blog is titled The Uxorialist, I do believe I get to do a little braggin about the man to whom I am wed. We had a little tiny party with Ryan's family afterwards at our house to celebrate. In an attempt to drive myself past the already-partly-insane-but-not-quite-yet precipice, I had to do a little more than throw some food out with paper plates and call it a day. No, I had to add several little Pinteresty touches that I am pretty sure my sweet husband thought were bat**** cray cray but helped with anyways. He responded swiftly to all my brisk orders and even managed to keep a straight face while I screamed "the ice cream is melting and I need you to help individually wrap these homemade ice cream sandwiches at midnight." Because yes, my life, self worth, and dignity were all resting on whether or not we served parchment wrapped, string tied, homemade ice cream sandwiches at a family party...seriously pregnancy hormones are the weirdest.

Without further ado here is a stellar picture of my homemade strawberry peach iced tea, homemade chocolate chip vanilla ice cream sandwiches and my cute little utensil bundles (after the party). The rest of the oh so regular food (burgers, grilled corn and cole slaw) were not worthy of picture taking.



Next up, "Momzilla plans a 1st birthday party." Haha! But seriously, I have so many cute ideas for Caleb's upcoming birthday.


4 comments:

  1. Pinterest recipes are either out of this world amazing, or they come out looking like... like, not at all what you were promised.
    I'm glad that yours turned out so well for the party! And congratulations to Ryan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know about BGS! Congratulations to Ryan, hope he had some time for networking in his MBA while he was busy making the rest of his classmates feel slowclass. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Ryan! Em you are such a domestic wizard! Im always a step behind on my attempts at being a hostess with the mostess :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA! "The icecream is melting" That made my day. Congrats to Ryan, hope you two can relax a litte and enjoy the summer together (except for the few days you are all mine). All the homemade things came out beautiful and I'm sure the other stuff was yummy even if you snub them of a photo.

    ReplyDelete